HR & Business Manager
Position: HR & Business Manager
Reports to: Fire Chief
Location: Bayfield, CO
What We Are Looking For
The HR & Business Manager is an administrative support role, who will work collaboratively with the Fire
Chief and all staff to help enhance the quality of internal operations and human resources. This is a
hands-on and participative position that will help support in the following areas: bookkeeping, HR,
administrative management, and internal technology/systems.
The ideal candidate can multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment; has strong attention
to detail and ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision; has solid written and oral
communication skills; the ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment and basic IT
skills; maintain confidentiality and contribute to a professional work environment. The right candidate
is a team player and emotionally intelligent, has a “can-do” attitude and a sense of humor
This is a full-time, Non-Exempt position.
• Collaborate with leadership to develop and manage professional development, performance
management, compensation and benefits, and recruitment
• Review and process payroll
• Ensure that recruiting and promotional processes are consistent.
• Oversee and coordinate employee onboarding and off-boarding.
• Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
• Research, coordinate and implement health insurance coverage, HSA, and other benefits for staff; audit on a yearly basis.
• Plan, develop, implement, and administrate human resource processes, policies and programs that positively affect the productivity, competence and effectiveness of the organization.
• Develop and assist in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, rules and regulations, priorities, and work standards
• Communicate workplace notices and information
• Monitor office supply inventory and order as needed
• Other general administrative duties as needed to support the team Technology
• Oversee IT needs for the team and office needs like computers and printers
What We Need from You:
● A successful track record in setting priorities; organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
● 2 – 3 years Human Resource experience, benefits administration, payroll, and working knowledge of HR best practices
● Knowledge of Fire and Police Pension Association (FPPA) pension requirements.
● Knowledge of the Colorado Heart and Cancer Benefits Trust.
● Knowledge of Fair Labor Standards Act requirements
● Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
● Comfortable working in a “team-oriented” environment; high capacity to inspire cooperation and work well with teams.
● Experience handling confidential information appropriately
● Valid, current, Colorado driver’s license
● Motor Vehicle Report acceptable to insurance standards
● Pass Background Check and Drug Screening
● Absolute confidentiality; Follow all HIPAA requirements
● Able to learn computer functions, systems, and on-the-job skills
● Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to change
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
● Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
● Integrity, positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, self-directed and a sense of humor.
What We Offer:
● Paid Vacation, Holiday, and sick time
● Health Insurance and HSA
● FPPA retirement plan
Wage Range: $58,000 – $64,000 depending on experience
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA) we are disclosing the compensation for this position.
Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience in this field and in comparison, to other employees already in this role.
Interested in joining our team? Email resume and cover letter by clicking apply now.
No phone calls please.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as established to meet the ongoing needs of the business. Upper Pine River Fire Protection is an “at-will” employer.
Upper Pine River Fire Protection District is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status or status as a U.S. Veteran.