Location: Bayfield, CO
*Offering a $700 Sign On Bonus!*
*Receive $350 your first day and the remaining $350 after 90 days of employment!*
Why Tailwind Nutrition? BECAUSE WE VALUE OUR EMPLOYEES. WE TREAT THEM WITH RESPECT. WE LOOK FOR OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH AND ADVANCEMENT.
Tailwind offers competitive salaries, health insurance, 401K, and paid time off benefits. Employees can also take advantage of Tailwind’s awesome products to fuel their own passions.
What We Are Looking For
Production Assistants work as a team and are responsible for manufacturing Tailwind Nutrition products to our high-quality standards. Duties include, and are not limited to, working on the production line; mixing and loading ingredients into an industrial mixer; and packaging finished products. Production Assistants also monitor the machinery during the mixing and packaging process to make sure our product quality standards are being met. The successful Production Assistant will be committed to supporting Tailwind’s reputation for excellent nutrition products.
This is a Full-Time, Non-Exempt Position; the Production Team works a 4-10 schedule, Monday - Thursday, 6:00a-4:30p
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
- Safely operate all machinery including manufacturing equipment, forklifts, pallet jacks, walkie-stackers, and ladders.
- Fill packaging repeatedly to specified weights in an efficient manner.
- Monitor and adjust equipment including bag dump station, bulk unloader, mixer, conveyors, bag fillers, and heat sealers during production process
- Weigh, sift, and verify raw ingredients using company recipes and industry standards.
- Verify that each finished item meets the quality standards of the company
- Sanitize all machinery at the end of each shift and clean the workspace
- Other duties as assigned by management to ensure the company is meeting goals and business objectives.
What We Need From You:
- High school diploma or GED program
- Ability to follow all appropriate safety standards in food production.
- Knowledge of basic math and reading comprehension skills.
- High level attention to detail.
- Ability to learn computer functions, systems, and on-the-job skills
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Works well in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 6 months experience working in a food production facility.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Employees are also required to sit, walk, talk, hear, and use hands, fingers, and feet to operate equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
- The typical work environment is dusty.
- Employees are exposed to combustible dust, but appropriate measures are taken to minimize and eliminate risks associated with it.
- The noise level in the production facility is usually moderate to loud.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including hair nets, beard nets, aprons, gloves, earplugs, and dust masks are required and provided.
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries, generous PTO and paid holidays
- 50% Employer paid health insurance. Dental & Vision insurance available
- Employer matched 401k
- The ability to fuel your own passion with our products
Wage: $16.00 - $17.00/hr Depending on Experience
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA) we are disclosing the compensation for this position. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience in this field and in comparison to other employees already in this role. A potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in a compensation decision.
Interested candidates email resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as established to meet the ongoing needs of the business. Tailwind Nutrition is an “at-will” employer.
Tailwind Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status or status as a U.S. Veteran.