Southern Ute Indian Tribe Open Until Filled $26.21 - $30.14/hour + benefits Full-time. Native American Preference; all applicants welcome.
This position provides maintenance support, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance on commercial heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems including machinery, boilers, hot and chilled water distribution systems, circulation pumps, steam humidifiers, cooling towers, walk-in coolers and freezers, and variable volume systems located in Southern Ute Tribal Buildings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs HVAC units, ensuring proper performance, operation of HVAC equipment and systems, programmable thermostats, verifying automatic control devices and other related equipment, including digitally controlled boilers of recent design (such as Aerco, Lochinvar and Fulton Boilers).
2. Understands Building Automated Systems (BAS) controls and devices, interpret graphics, trend data, monitors and troubleshoots HVAC systems such as Tridium or Alerton.
3. Responsible for fulfilling and completing work order requests related to HVAC repairs and new installations, including but not limited to rebuilding of circulating pumps, maintenance/repair of steam humidifiers, maintenance, and repair of chillers, refrigeration systems, walk-in coolers, freezers, hydronic zone valves, fans and ventilation dampers.
4. Reads and interprets blueprints, plans, schematics, and diagrams related to building layout and construction of all HVAC systems and equipment.
5. Maintains inventory of all HVAC filters and changes filters on a preventive maintenance schedule.
6. Operates hand and power tools in a safe manner.
7. Responsible for the care and maintenance of hand and power tools and other equipment used on the job and projects.
8. Responsible for learning and keeping up to date on SMACNA standards, HVAC warranties, and product information on equipment and mechanical devices.
9. Establishes and maintains working relationships with vendors, technical support companies, contractors, and parts suppliers.
10. Responds promptly to off-hour emergency calls when assigned to On-Call Status.
11. Follows all safety and security regulations while performing work within Tribal owned facilities.
12. Identifies and reports any damaged or unsafe conditions of Tribal buildings.
13. Attends all staff meetings and training as required or requested.
14. Participates in a positive, supportive, and team-oriented environment.
15. Performs work in a professional workmanship-like and timely manner within general HVAC standards.
16. Trains other employees and co-workers as assigned.
17. Performs additional job-related duties as required or requested.
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must be able to report to the Maintenance Shop for off-hour emergencies within 45 minutes of notification.
- Must have at least 5 years of HVAC troubleshooting, repair, refrigeration, and maintenance experience as well as have a working knowledge of pressure vessels, boilers, hot water heaters, heat recovery units, vfd’s, steam humidifiers, and radiant systems.
- Must have Type 1 & 2 certifications for HVAC or a Universal EPA certification.
- Must have a working knowledge of maintenance and repair procedures for HVAC Building Automated Systems with programmable logic controls.
- Must have experience reading and working with blueprints and schematics.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license for state of residency and be insurable under the Tribal vehicle insurance policy.
- Must pass a thorough background check including, Criminal History, fingerprint check, and pre-employment drug test.
- Possess strong refrigeration troubleshooting and repair experience in low & medium temperature systems.
- Experience and knowledge with Liebert Smart Row Systems and components.
- Experience with, but not limited to Aerco, Lochinvar, and Fulton Boilers.
- Must be able to safely lift 60 pounds.
- Position will involve climbing ladders and scaffolds, exposure to heights and operating hand and power tools.
- Must have the full use of all extremities for the safe operation of hand and power tools.
- Must have adequate hearing is required to hear/talk with all individuals.
- Position involves periods of standing, sitting, stooping, walking, bending, and kneeling.
- Position requires employee to be on a 24-hour on-call status.
- Work may involve working odd hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Work may require exposure to hot and cold weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Work may involve exposure to extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, fumes, and smoke.
- Position will involve driving tribal vehicles.
- Frequent communication with vendors and Tribal employees daily, including telephone as well as face-to-face interaction.