Riverhouse Children’s Center, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit child development center providing childcare and early education services is seeking a full-time Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the organizations’ strategic plan; financial performance, budgeting and reporting; supervision of staff with the support of the Program Director; and fundraising development. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and serve as an ex-officio member of the Board. Annual Compensation based upon experience; annual salary range of $50,000 – $63,000 with eligibility for bonus and benefits. Benefits include paid time off, health stipend, Simple IRA. Please submit your resume via https://apply.workable.com/riverhouse-childrens-center/j/3820E52B98/
Full-Time, Exempt/Salary | Durango, CO
About Riverhouse Children’s Center
Riverhouse Children’s Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit child development center providing child care and early education services for children from six weeks through five years old. Riverhouse has been in operation since 2004. Our Mission ~ Building the foundation for a lifetime of success through quality early childhood education.
- Oversee and manage the fiscal resources of the organization;
Work alongside outsourced bookkeeper to manage day-to-day financials. Prepare an annual operating budget with line-item identification of expenses and income for all activities of the organization. Manage expenditures in accordance with the budget and recommend the appropriate division of duties and budget modifications to the Board.
Identify grant opportunities, develop annual fundraising strategy and plan, and incorporate into budget and goals.
- Community leadership;
Work to advocate and promote the organization within the local community as well as regionally and at state level.
Maintain regular and positive relationships with Grantors, Donors, and legislative governing entities.
Serve as the designated spokesperson for the organization. Provide strong leadership for local and regional early childhood education initiatives.
Organizational & Staff Management
Develop and implement, in collaboration with the Board of Directors, an overall strategic plan in accordance with the organizations’ missions and goals. Organize annual retreats to review and update the strategic plan.
Work with and support Program Director in maintaining a positive relationship with parents of Riverhouse. Ensure that all organizational, safety and educational related concerns, issues and pertinent information is delivered in an effective, efficient, accurate and timely manner.
Assure the organizations’ compliance with applicable laws and regulations including early childhood center regulations as well as employment laws and regulations. Assure adequate records of all transactions and correspondence are maintained for review by auditors, the Board, and other officials or agencies.
Develop an appropriate staff, assign functions, define lines of authority and responsibility, and set up efficient systems of operation both for administration and teaching staff. Oversee and support Program Director in assuring staff has adequate training, supervision and scheduled performance evaluations. Provide opportunities for staff to develop professionally. Maintain a positive, safe and positive work environment.
- Experience in executive/leadership role; non-profit experience preferred but not required.
- Experience and proven background in business/organizational management; financial, human resources, staff management and development, and strategic planning
- Excellent writing, oral communication, listening, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong management and administrative skills required. Experience preferred.
- Effective and efficient organizational and multitasking skills required.
- Basic computer skills and adaptability to using and managing multiple systems; preferably with proven experience in CRM/donor database, file management, project management, financial software (QuickBooks), Excel, and email management.
- Common understanding of the rules and regulations of the Colorado Office of Early Childhood, Colorado Shines, and general early childhood education rules and regulations, . Experience in any or all of these areas preferred.
- Willingness to obtain appropriate state licensure/certification for large center, as well as obtain appropriate CPR and first aid certifications.
Annual Compensation based upon experience; annual salary range of $50,000 – $63,000 with eligibility for bonus and benefits.
Benefits include paid time off, health stipend, Simple IRA