Medicaid Eligibility Income Maintenance Technician
Montezuma County Department of Social Services has an opening for one Temporary full-time Medicaid Eligibility Income Maintenance Technician.
Salary: $20.00/hr. – No insurance or benefits
Summary of Duties:
Determines initial and ongoing eligibility for Medicaid. Responsible for data entry into the state CBMS system for initial and continual case management.
• Determines eligibility, based on reports of income, financial resources, household composition, checks for child support, social security and unemployment payments. Reviews applications for accuracy and completeness. Data enters all information into the state system to compute benefit.
• Explains to applicants all rules, regulations, rights to appeal, budgeting cycles and eligibility requirements. Advises applicants of his/her rights and responsibilities and explains reasons for denial or certification.
• Reviews RRR’s for ongoing eligibility, and updates information into state system In a timely manner.
• Participates in County mediation; prepares report for, attends and testifies at state evidentiary hearings for clients’ appeals.
• Communicates to applicants and clients the purpose and expectations of the Montezuma County Department of Social Services
• Prepares paperwork, data entry functions, and other processes in accordance with State and County rules, regulations and policies; implements the Quality Assurance Program by ensuring accuracy and timeliness of work.
• Attends and participates in training and educational workshops.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Working knowledge of public assistance rules, regulations and procedures.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with co-workers, other DHS personnel, clients, other agencies and the public.
• Ability to effectively plan, schedule and organize.
• Ability to assess situations and make prudent and appropriate decisions; ability to apply conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
• Ability to use standard office equipment including computer, fax machine, copier and telephone.
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Minimum two (2) years full time work experience to include customer service, clerical and/or administrative work required.
• Must pass background check, drug screen and have valid driver’s license.
Work is performed in a standard office environment; may be exposed to clients in stressful situations. Work hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 p.m.
Application available online at www.montezumacounty.org or from Montezuma County Social Services and returned to Montezuma County Department of Social Services, 109 W Main, Room 170, Cortez, CO 81321, or by dropping the application in the drop box. Position open until filled. Questions please call 970-564-4138. AA/EOE