WAGEES Case Manager
Job Title: WAGEES Case Manager
Reports to: Resource Center Manager
Position Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt, and Hourly (Hourly rate is $22.00.)
Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (includes 30-minute lunch break)
Supervises: Program Participants
Location: The job cannot be performed remotely.
The Mission of the Manna is to provide, in the spirit of faith and love, nourishing meals and supportive services in an atmosphere of acceptance and caring for those in need.
Position Summary: Manna is seeking a Case Manager to work in the CDOC – WAGEES community re-entry program. The Work and Gain Education & Employment Skills (WAGEES) Program is to provide support in the re-entry of a person on parole into the community through helping the person overcome barriers to employment, housing and education. Responsibilities include actively engaging participants in assessment, goal setting, and development of individual service plan that increases employability skills, and/or education while providing supportive services to participants. The WAGEES Case Manager will work with participants to overcome barriers and create a tangible path of increased stability and self-sufficiency to attain their goals. The WAGEES Case Manager will work with community members to grow current partnerships and build new collaborations to create a more comprehensive hub of social services/programming offered to support the program participants’ self-sufficiency, address basic needs, provide employment and housing security.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supports people experiencing parole in accessing a variety of community resources to be successful. These may include and are not limited to: housing, employment, education, public assistance, mental health services, substance abuse services, support groups.
2. Provide direct case management to enrolled clients that will include transportation, appointments, coordination of services, case planning and goal setting.
3. Document all services provided in required database and provide monthly progress notes to Latino Coalition for Community Leadership and the Department of Corrections.
4. Document and record provided assistance and client progress also in Manna’s database, EmpowOr.
5. Complete and provide required documentation for all expenses on behalf of client.
6. Conduct routine home visits or visits in the community to work with clients.
7. Provide intake assessment and documentation to support assessment.
8. Supporting clients by acting as a resource for information about accessing Manna’s and other community programs and services.
9. Assisting in co-facilitation of group services as needed.
10. Participates in Manna’s trainings, staff meetings, community meetings, collaborations and events.
11. Participates in prevention, facilitation and peer support training.
12. Attend and participate in meetings, webinars and training related to WAGEES program and other relevant topics.
13. Learn and practice the support models guided by the Latino Coalition for Community Leadership, such as the INSIT model and Individualized Service Plans.
14. Know and follow Personnel Policies, Administrative Directives, Mission Statement and Core Values.
15. Coordinate resources and services with other Manna departments. 2
16. Assists in coordination of resources and services with other community agencies and non-profit organizations.
17. Maintains client confidentiality at all times.
18. Assists in supporting Manna’s Resource Center Manager and other duties as required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Team player.
- Ability to work under stress with deadlines, public contact and changing priorities and conditions.
- Ability to be flexible, adapt to change, problem solve and multi-task.
- Critical thinking skills to review, assess, and improve services and programs.
- Communication and conflict management skills.
- Ability to show compassion, wisdom, boundaries and impartial judgement when dealing with staff, program participants and community members.
- Understanding of diversity and inclusion.
- Knowledge and commitment to Manna’s mission, vision, and strategic plan.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education/Experience- combination of education and lived experience.
- Language ability- Ability to present information and respond to questions from program participants, co-workers, community partners and in public forums.
- Computer skills- A working knowledge of word processing software, use of internet and ability to learn necessary data entry programs.
- Working knowledge of confidentiality and mandated reporting requirements.
- Must maintain a current driver’s license.
- Pass drug tests for employment and submit to random drug tests.
- Pass a background check.
- The position is not official until the CDOC approves the background check.
- Manna offers to pay a percentage of the premium for our Group Health Insurance Plan for full-time employees.
- 401K after one year for full-time employees.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PTO (paid time off). The job requires flexibility in working hours to meet the needs of Manna. There will be occasional nights and weekends to support community events. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment.