Resource Center Manager
Job Title: Resource Center Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Status: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt (Salary $65,000)
Supervises: Resource Center Staff, RAD AmeriCorps Members, Interns, and Program Participants
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (includes 30-minute lunch break); Wednesday 11:00 am to 7:30 pm (includes 30-minute lunch break)
Location: The job cannot be performed remotely.
The Mission of Manna is to provide, in the spirit of faith and love, nourishing meals and supportive services in an atmosphere of acceptance and caring for those in need.
Summary of the Position:
The Resource Center Manager develops, implements, and evaluates programs and services that focus on Manna program participants moving forward in their lives. The Resource Center Manager supervises the daily operations of the Resource Center, including; the front desk, showers, business center, meeting room, partner organization office and program participants checking-in and checking-out of the Community Kitchen Food Market. The Resource Center Manager supervises additional supportive service programs, such as WAGEES, Rapid Rehousing, and Street Outreach. The Resource Center Manager participates in community coordination of services and operations between Manna and partner agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Determines and implements services and programs needed by program participants and consistent with the mission, vision, and strategic plan of Manna. 2. Hire, terminate and discipline employees in accord with the Manna Resource Handbook and with appropriate consultation with the Executive Director. 3. Develops new Resource Center programs and services, as required, based on client need. 4. Evaluates Resource Center services and programs to determine their efficiency and effectiveness and reports results to the Executive Director and Board Committees. Develops and implements strategies to improve Resource Center programs and services. 5. Develops and implements a budget to support the Resource Center programs and services. 6. Supervises and trains staff, interns and AmeriCorps Service Members by providing direction, support, and feedback. 7. Communicates and ensures compliance with all Manna policies and procedures with both staff and participants. Reviews incident reports and determines appropriate response. 2 8. Supervises the implementation of a staff development program for the Resource Center and Manna’s supportive service programs (WAGEES, Rapid Rehousing and Street Outreach) through facilitating meetings, providing access to training opportunities, etc. 9. Works with community partners to develop new services and programs and improve current services and programs for the Resource Center and community. Evaluate and approve partner requests to utilize partner/conference spaces in the Resource Center for outreach. 10. Develops grant proposals that support the Resource Center and assists in evaluating Resource Center programs in support of grant reporting. 11. Monitors the effective and efficient utilization of software programs and data entry in support of the Resource Center. Ensures staff is entering accurate and complete data into EmpowOr, HMIS and Case Manager. 12. Work in coordination with the Executive Director to submit all necessary funding applications, reporting requirements, refine and maintain budgetary process for the Resource Center. 13. Review, code and approve/deny expenditure requests for grant funded programs. 14. Contribute to developing and sustaining an inclusive, safe, and supportive environment for staff, program participants, volunteers, and community. 15. Contributes to the Manna website to ensure the website is current, relevant, and supportive of the Manna mission, vision, and strategic plan. 16. Provides support around marketing plans and operations by serving as the point person to an outsourced marketing team. Helps develop Manna’s print newsletter. 17. Learn, implement, facilitate and ensure compliance with policies and procedures required by grantors. 18. Assists in supporting Manna fundraising and special events. 19. Performs other duties as required or assigned by the Executive Director.
Essential Job Functions:
• Ability to maintain confidentiality. • Team player. • Ability to work under stress with deadlines, public contact and changing priorities and conditions. • Ability to be flexible, adapt to change, problem solve and multi-task. • Critical thinking skills to review, assess, and improve services and programs. • Communication and conflict management skills. • Ability to show compassion, wisdom, boundaries and impartial judgement when dealing with staff, program participant, volunteers and community members. • Understand and demonstrate equity, diversity, inclusion, cultural sensitivity, and trauma informed care. • Ability to fill in for employees as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience. • Ability to utilize and learn office-related software programs. • Knowledge of homelessness and food insecurity. • Writing and oral skills necessary to communicate to staff, clients, volunteers, and community partners. • Must maintain a current driver’s license. • Pass drug tests for employment and submit to random drug tests. • Pass a background check.
Limits to Authority:
• May not expend funds over $500 without the approval of the Executive Director. • May not communicate reports to external sources without the approval of the Executive Director. • May not hire or fire a staff member or Ameri-Corps Members without prior consultation with the Executive Director.
• Manna offers to pay a percentage of the premium for our Group Health Insurance Plan for full-time employees and all part-time employees working 30 hours or more a week. • 401K after one year for full-time employees. • Employee Assistance Program (EAP) • PTO (paid time off).