The Shipping Coordinator is responsible for order fulfillment activities including picking, quality control, packaging, and shipping with guidance from the Warehouse Supervisor.
Assigned Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and participate in the picking, quality control (QC), packaging, and shipping of all orders.
- Prepare shipments ranging from small package to freight, domestic to international, and orders requiring specialized packaging.
- Utilize appropriate shipping carriers including FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL, and freight companies for shipments to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Communicate daily with Warehouse Supervisor to prepare and prioritize orders with special attention given to time-sensitive orders, partial shipments, large orders, or orders that require specialized labeling/packaging.
- Ensure that appropriate shipping methods are used in order to meet customer firm delivery dates.
- Responsible for sales order fill rate and productivity of picking, QC, packing, shipping processes.
- Improve organization of packaging supplies and shipping tools.
- Regularly maintain the cleanliness of work areas.
- Provide feedback on warehouse layout and organization.
- Ensure an excellent packaging of supplies within shipments.
- Cross-train in multiple warehouse job functions.
- Assist with general warehouse operations including inventory counts, organization, and cleanliness.
- Achieve department KPI’s
- Embrace and exemplify the Company’s culture to do the right thing; provide collaborative solutions; be customer-centric; and be committed to excellence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma and 2 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous shipping, receiving, or logistics experience.
- High attention to detail.
- Competency in Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, speaking, coordinating and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic with ability to lead by example.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift 100 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay ranges from $15 to $17 per hour