The Durango Herald is currently seeking a Graphic Designer to design newspaper pages. A successful candidate will have advanced skills in the Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, InDesign and InCopy. Must have experience with the basic requirements of reporting. Looking for someone who is team-oriented with excellent communication skills.
- Build map, chart and page templates for print and online
- Meet with reporters, photographers and editors to understand and execute an assignment Fact-checking
- Editing copy for AP style, tone, accuracy, punctuation, and grammar
- Editing stories for content, structure and organization
- Creating imaginative photo captions
- Writing strong SEO headlines for print and online platforms
- Proofreading Designing clean, organized and visually inviting news and feature pages
- Proactively seek assignments and solutions
We offer a competitive pay package, as well as an excellent benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid vacation/sick/holidays, and an opportunity to participate in our matching 401(k) plan.