Ballantine Communications, Inc. is a multimedia company serving Southwest Colorado and Northwest New Mexico. We have a mission to provide relevant information, build knowledge, and support economic vitality in the communities we serve.
The Tri-City Record, a Ballantine Communications publication, is seeking an energetic and skilled sales executive to drive newspaper and multimedia growth for new and existing accounts through prospecting, developing, and closing leads in Farmington, San Juan County, and Northwest New Mexico. Other responsibilities include conducting needs assessments, creating and presenting proposals, and servicing accounts. This role will contact key decision-makers and businesses, meet with them to understand their marketing needs, and develop proposals that focus on digital and print marketing solutions to help them grow their businesses.
- Develop account relationships and build rapport with new prospects
- Follow up on pipeline prospect and callbacks
- Utilize email correspondence, client testimonials, and market statistics to build interest
- Effectively communicate value of BCI's marketing solutions to customers
- Ability to recommend products and services that best fit customers’ needs
- Coordinate with graphics team to produce thoughtful and creative ads that catch the attention of clients' target market
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Drive and initiative: We seek someone who thrives on exceeding goals, takes ownership, and hunts for new opportunities.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships
- Work exceptionally well in a team environment
- Highly motivated and results-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making abilities
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to operate within a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Digital, Print or Media advertising sales experience is a plus.
- Candidates must have personal transportation
- Working knowledge of Google Workspace and the ability to learn new software applications quickly
Training and Education:
- 3 or more years in Sales, preferably in Advertising but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Advertising desired, but not required. A combination of education and work experience is acceptable.
- Experience expanding and growing sales revenue through existing and new business preferred
Pay: Salary + Commission
Location: Farmington, NM
Job Type: Full-time
Ballantine Communications, Inc. is a flexible, family oriented company. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits package including medical (with option for an HSA account), dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, company paid holidays and a 401(k). Ballantine Communications, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.