We are currently searching for confident and experienced substitute teachers to join our team. If you enjoy working with high school students and have an interest in education, then we’re interested in you. Your duties will include managing classroom activities, from taking and reporting attendance to providing the lesson plan for the students during each hour you are in the classroom. Other duties related to the class you are teaching as assigned.
Substitute Teacher Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the curriculum and lesson plans assigned by the regular teacher.
- Follow procedures and achieve lesson goals.
- Assign and explain the homework.
- Oversee students outside of the classroom including in the hallways and cafeteria.
- Comply with all school regulations and policies at all times.
- Take attendance
- Ensure classroom and work are kept clean and orderly.
- Oversee the normal classroom rhythms and activities.
- Compile a report for the teacher for when he/she returns.
Substitute Teacher Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Bachelor’s degree in teaching is preferred.
- Certificate in teaching or substitute teaching.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.