To perform tasks as requested on Field Service projects.
Complete jobs as assigned to the Field Service department including general labor, cleaning, welding, machining, and mechanical work. Planning, organizing and facilitating jobs as assigned, including print reading and interpretation. Audit equipment for potential repairs. Trouble shoot jobs and equipment needed to complete jobs. Create and facilitate projects to completion including any related paperwork or service reports. Communicate plans and projects effectively to other employees, training them if necessary. Safely use rigging and lifting equipment. Maintains the highest standards in regard to quality of workmanship.
Assist in special projects as needed. Answer telephone calls, complete service reports and maintain records. Participate and occasionally lead safety meetings. Provide daily progress updates to supervisor and dispatchers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Knowledgeable in various areas, including gearing, bearings, seals, bushings, and hydraulics
- Possess general mechanical aptitude
- Familiar with layout, fit-up, and fabrication with some supervision
- Have the desire and ability to gain certifications in 8000, 270, Stick and Hardwire
- Understand and utilize tools for set up and layout work
- Be familiar with hand and automatic torches, MIG, TIG, and Brazing
- Familiar with N.D.T. including U.T. and M. T.
- Have a demonstrated ability to perform light machining, utilizing drills, taps, etc.
- Possess a proficient understanding of metallurgy and its application to welding
- Possess appropriate tools per the Welder Tool List
- Extensive travel required
- For the safe and effective performance of the job, must be able to speak and understand English
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Additional technical school degree or certificate would be preferred
Four (4) years of experience in the trade.
Dragline, shovel, or other heavy mining equipment experience strongly preferred.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
- Be willing to be exposed to dirt, grease, dust, noise and other elements within the work environment
- Ability to climb equipment steps and ladders
- Ability to lift and carry up to no more than 50 pounds
- Stand 8 to 12 hours a day
- Devote drive time as necessary to meet on site requirements
Wyoming Machinery Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity